Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Storms

It's early April and this is not typically storm season here in the Valley of the big fire ball in the Sky HOWEVER, we're in for one.  Yeah, it's blowing and breezy and the sky is beautiful.  Storm? Really? The weather activities outside do NOT compel ME to want to run off to an office or cloister myself inside a mall working for panties (gotta remember the face time with the Princesses, tho - makes it all worth it). 

When we are Princesses in Training, we hear the word "storm" and immediately think of lightening, thunder, rain, maybe the loss of electricity.  Hmmmm . . . are the storms of life really that different?  The tears that we shed during life's tribulations - heaven knows I have cried enough of 'em to have watered SEVERAL lawns.  I'm young - compared to some but I have lived long enough to know that storms and tribulations and loss and death and grief and pain, well, it's gonna happen.  It's the quid-pro-quo of living.  While I am no theologian, I believe the Word of God and the Almighty has promised that we will have trials and suffering BUT we will NOT be destroyed (2 Corinthians 4, starting with verse 7). 

I can  assure you that NONE of the heartache that God has allowed to come to pass in my life has wrought my destruction.  Oh, no, pretty princesses.  Not at all.  Anything and everything has been for MY good.  For HIS glory.  Don't really understand it all but I KNOW it works. Some of my princess besties have gone through things that I have not and they can say the same of me.  But wherever we are on the journey, we are not alone.  We have a Savior who, when the burden just seems to heavy says "Come unto ME all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."  Our sweet Savior then goes on to say to us that when our burdens are too heavy we can have HIS.  Not only does He offer this (as if that wasn't enough) but we are then blessed with other Princesses to come alongside of us and travel with us, through whatever we're going through. 

Storms - tear stuff up, leave big messes in their wake, do damage that has to be repaired.  But each one leaves in its wake a stronger faith, strengthened relationships and the absolute certainty that even when we do know the purpose, we're gonna be okay.  Jesus promised that and because HE did, I claim it for you 'n me.

Whatever we're going through today - whatever is blowin' up stuff in your life - lash your heart to the King of Kings,  Then call me and we'll get the other princesses together and have princess time before the throne.  Then we'll have lunch.  Storms make me hungry!!!  Love you, with His love! A2

No comments:

Post a Comment